Public land the Homes and Communities Agency has guidance for sale and how it is sold to house builders and other development.

Land for Sale

The Homes and Communities Agency’s (HCA) Land Development Disposal Plan publishes an annual guidance report. This lists the sits that are or are likely to be  available for sale.

How the HCA sells land

Once the HCA owns a public land site, it will either sell it on the open market immediately, or invest in the site to make it more suitable for development – for example by cleaning up any chemicals in the ground from past industrial use, or agreeing planning permission with the local council.

This should make sites more valuable for the taxpayer and more attractive to house builders and other developers, because they can build on it more quickly.

Each site is either sold on the open market through traditional tender competition, or the HCA selects a developer for the site through it Delivery Partner Panel.

To find out more please visit the Public Land For Sale Guidance website using the link provided on the right hand side.