SUEZ Communities Trust provides funds to not-for-profit organisations to undertake work that is eligible under the Landfill Communities Fund.
Applications are considered for three areas of work which qualify for funding through the LCF:
- Public Amenities: To provide, maintain or improve an amenity that is used primarily for leisure and recreation
- Historic Buildings, Structures or Sites: The maintenance, repair or restoration of a building other structure or a site of archaeological interest which is a place of religious workshop, or a site of historic or architectural or archaeological interest and is open to the public
- Biodiversity: The conversation of biodiversity through the provision, conservation, restoration or enhancement of natural habitat or the maintenance or recovery of a species in its natural habitat
SUEZ Communities Trust will consider projects which focus on physical improvement at an identified site. Funding is typically awarded for the purchase of materials/equipment and the appointment of a contractor to undertake the improvement work. A request for funding for multiple sites or for salaries, running costs, project management or design fees will not be considered.
Who can apply for funding?
To be eligible to apply for SUEZ Communities Trust funding an organisation must:
- Be run on a not for profit basis: Not-for-profit organisations could include community groups, parish councils, charities, community interest companies, sports clubs, community associations, local authorities and voluntary organisations.
- Own or hold a lease for the project site with at least 5 years remaining: Projects should be based at a project site which must be owned or leased by the applying organisation. If your organisation neither owns the project site, nor has a lease with a minimum of 5 years remaining, you are not eligible to apply for SUEZ Communities Trust funding. The lease must be active before any application is made. Letters of intent or draft lease agreements are not accepted.
To find out more about the funding available visit the SUEZ Communities Trust website using the link provided on the right hand side. Alternatively, contact them directly using the contact details also provided on the right hand side.