If your company is based in Suffolk or Norfolk, and employs less than 250 employees you could be eligible for a free skills health check, specialised advice & tailored training plan and subsidised training delivered at a time to fit in with your business.
What is available?
Subsidised training for businesses across a wide range of topics and qualifications either at West Suffolk College, your company premises or at a local location. The current training courses include:
- Leadership and management – suitable for new and aspiring managers and supervisors. The ILM qualification cover a wide range of those in team leader/management roles.
- Communication skills – training suitable for those who are new to employment or who need to gain confidence in communication, verbally and in writing.
- IT – course range from beginners, intermediate and advanced to help those looking to improve their IT skills.
- Health and Safety – focusing on safe working in practise. Courses include fire safety, Manual Handling, Health and Safety, Safeguarding/Duty of Care and First Aid.
- Customer Service – Aimed at employees who are externally facing and would benefit from further development in their role.
- Technical – suitable for those in a technical job role, course range from Abrasive Wheels, PAT Testing and EAL Electrical Inspection and Testing.