The Community Business Bright Ideas Fund aims to give your community group the support and tools to start setting up your community business.
It will also give your group the early stage finance that you need to carry out consultation with local people and feasibility studies to develop a community business idea the community wants and needs.
What is a community business?
A community business is set up and led by local people to look after what matters to them. Any profits flow back into business to deliver positive local impact.
What the Bright Ideas Fund offers:
- Online induction and ongoing support, either online, by phone or where possible through visits
- Community Business development plans, to help successful groups shape a nd develop strategies and plans for their community business
- Mentoring and visits, to inspire applicants and give the opportunity to learn from peers
- Regional networking and events, to learn from social finance experts, successful community business leaders, funders and technical specialists
The aim is to help organisations explore a project ides; start up a community business and attract other funding
Bright Ideas will provide successful organisations with:
- Business development support: up to 12 days of business development support from Locality, Plunkett Foundation or Co-operatives UK
- Learning, events and peer networking – the opportunity to learn from existing community businesses, through visits and events
- Grant funding: The opportunity to apply for a grant of up to £15,000 to develop your idea and/or improve your organisation’s capability depending on your needs.
To find out more information about this scheme please visit the My Community website using the link that is provided on the right hand side.