The Childcare Business Grants Scheme is open to newly registered early years childminders, childcare providers on domestic premises and Childminder Agencies in England.
About the scheme
The scheme is intended to reimburse you for the costs of setting up your childcare business. The scheme is only open to newly registered businesses. From 1st May 2017 a newly registered business is one that has been registered with Ofsted or a CMA within the last 3 months.
The three types of grants available are:
- A £500 grant for an early years childminder or childcare provider on domestic premises
- A £1,000 grant for an early years childminder or childcare provider on domestic premises of children with special educational needs and disability
- A £1,000 grant for a Childminder Agency
The Childcare Business Grants Scheme is funded by the Department for Education. There is a fixed amount of funding available. The scheme is due to end by 31st March 2018 but could finish sooner if funds become exhausted.
In order to be eligible for this grant you must:
- Be a childminder or childcare provider on domestic premises or Childminder Agency operating in England
- Be registered with Ofsted or a CMA on the Early Years Register and be able to provide a copy of your registration certificate
- Be a new business
- Plan to offer the 30 hours funded childcare entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds yourself or in partnership and are registered with your Local Authority to do so if you are a childminder or childcare provider on domestic premises.
- Directly encourage and support your registered childminders or providers to offer the 30 hours funded childcare entitlement, either themselves or in partnership with other providers if you are a Childminder Agency.
- Spend the grant on costs directly related to setting up your childminding business and retain proof of how you have spent the grant
- Not have received a grant under the Childcare Business Grants scheme before unless you are now applying as a CMA
- Not be a private nursery, after school club or other type of provider
To find out more about this scheme please visit the Childcare Business Grants website using the link provided on the right hand side. Alternatively, contact them directly using the contact details also provided on the right hand side.