Booking.com are delighted to announce the second year of their Technology Play maker Awards to highlight and recognise the amazing achievements women are making in the ever growing and dynamic world of technology.
What makes a Technology Playmaker?
Booking.com believe that by showcasing industry leaders, innovators and inspirations role models at all levels, more and more companies will continue to think about and embrace gender diversity whilst encouraging more and more women to pursue a career in technology.
Diversity of all kinds has been core to Booking.com’s culture since the company was founded over 20 years ago, and as part of a continued effort to making Booking.com one of the most diverse and gender-balanced tech companies in the world, they are committed to diversity inside and outside of their own walls.
These awards aim to celebrate and recognise women who have disrupted and are transforming businesses, industries and communities through the use of technology.
- Technology Playmaker of the Year 2019 – The overall grand prix winner that will be chosen from one of the 7 category winners
- Role Model – Recognising an inspirational man or woman who is acting as a role model in a technology field or role, is driving change through that role, and who is encouraging the next generation of female technology leaders. A prize of £5,000 will be awarded to the winner
- Young Technologist – Recognising a woman who started working in technology after September 2017 and is considered a rising star. This woman could come from either a start-up, an established organisation, or a public sector body, and should be someone who is making an early business impact through technology. A prize of £5,000 will be awarded to the winner or if from a public organisation, an equal donation will be matched
- Business Leader – This award recognises a woman who currently holds a management or C-level position at an organisation in the technology industry, and who is driving real impact or change through the use of technology. A prize of £5,000 will be awarded to the winner
- Digital Leader – A woman who has created, enhanced and/or launched a new digital initiative that aims to maximise the power of digital to solve a business issue or who is using new and emerging technology such as artificial intelligence, augmented reality, or machine learning in innovative ways. A prize of £5,000 will be awarded to the winner
- Employer Award – This award recognises an organisation that has made significant and inspiring progress in achieving gender diversity in IT and technology. A prize of £5,000 will be awarded to the winner, or if a public organisation, an equal donation will be made. Only one entry per organisation can be accepted
- Tech Innovator – A female leader who has driven innovation in her company or organisation specifically through the use of new technology; has used technology to drive positive organisational change; or has driven new business development and growth opportunities for his or her organisation. This award will be judged on the originality, creativity and innovation of the entry. A prize of £5,000 will be awarded to the winner
- Community Impact Award – An award recognising a female technology leader or entrepreneur whose technology initiatives have contributed to solving community, sustainability or societal issues either in their own country or on an international level. A prize of £5,000 will be awarded to the winner