Whether you are just an early stage or more advanced, AgeTech Accelerator is interested in hearing from you. Using EU funding, they can offer you lots of free silver economy business support.
8 reasons for using AgeTech Accelerator
They are the only innovation accelerator in Europe specialising in the silver economy that:
- offers free advice on routes to market
- can help you access markets in four countries
- provides free testing in the lab and field
- runs specialist labs of real users recruited from thousand of older consumers
- taps in the detailed knowledge of their in-country experts specialising in the needs of older people
- foes not charge any fees or require any equity
- gives you the opportunity to sit down with potential buyers, commissioners, resellers and distributors to develop a strong value proposition and model
- introduces you to an invaluable silver economy business network
A golden business opportunity
The market of the ‘silver economy’ is set to double in size by 2050. But while it is growing fast, it is a market in its infancy. This means products and services for older people often do not meet need very well, and the market is fragmented and not well understood. Many products are similar and need differentiation.
What type of businesses do they support?
- You can be an SME, a solo entrepreneur, a large company with a new product/service or a not-for-profit organisation
- You need to be located in the geographical regions of the UK, France, the Netherlands and Belgium
- Your product needs to be scalable
- Your product needs to have appeal across nationalities and culture
What type of products/services do you support?
While there are many different types of products/services suitable for inclusion in the accelerator programme, the main categories are health and care, food, household, assisted living and personal equipment. Not all products are high-tech.
Since they began in 2016, they have invited businesses onto their programme developing both tech and non-tech products that help:
- older people to stay mobile
- families to manage and coordinate informal care; to support their ageing loves ones; and to stay in touch
- predict and prevent falls
- track nutrition and hydration levels
- manage hearing and visual impairment
- reduce isolation and loneliness
There are four different types of funding support to silver economy innovators:
- Silver economy product development workshops: collaborate with users in your planning and product development stages
- Lab or initial silver economy product testing: check you basic prototype meets the health and safety requirements for its product group
- Live testing on real people: test your advanced prototype and learn if you target group would buy it
- Business advice and support: check your business model and important aspects of your commercial strategy, such as distribution, pricing and routes to market
To find out more about this programme visit their website using the link provided on the right hand side.