Join Innovate UK for a high-impact event on how to change perceptions and inspire the growth of women in innovation.
For the past 18 months, Innovate UK has been working to encourage diversity and inclusion in business innovation. They began their focus on better supporting women in innovation and through an awards programme identified a cohort of the most promising female innovators in the UK.
Since receiving Innovate UK backing – from funding, to advice on intellectual property and marketing – these women have gone on to achieve outstanding things.
A lack of visible role models is a key factor in discouraging women across the UK from believing they can achieve their business ambitions.
Now is the time to continue the conversation, to remove the barriers faced by female entrepreneurs and to build a community of role models who challenge the perceptions of what and who an entrepreneur can be.
Innovate UK is bringing together businesses from across the country with decision-makers from the Government, international innovation agencies, and academic professionals to hear from pioneers of innovation who are striving to change perceptions.
Attendees will have the chance to discover the UK’s up-and-coming innovators and discuss how change can be implemented across the sector.
- 9am – Registration and refreshments
- 9:30am – Welcome and introduction
- Speaker: Dr Ruth McKernan CBE, Chief Executive, Innovate UK
- 9:45am – Keynote interview: Changing perceptions, driving growth
- the session will look at the importance of driving women into innovation in order to benefit the UK economy
- 10am – Panel discussion: The past, present and future of female innovators
- Jo Hutchinson, The Prince’s Trust
- Tabitha Goldstaub, CognitionX
- Becky Sage, Interactive Scientific Limited
- Hazel Moore, Chairman, FirstCapital/ Innovate UK board member
- 10:45am – Networking and refreshments
- 11:10am – Tomorrow’s innovations: Speed Pitching
- This high-paced pitching sessikon will give you a first-view into the UK’s up-and-coming innovators and how they want to work with you
- 11:30am – Cracking the code for women: Growing the number of female innovators
- Hilde Hukkleberg, Innovation Norway
- Jade Lewis, Saint Gobain
- Nicole Pretorius, Co-founder, SheCanCode
- Kriti Sharma, VP, AI, Stealth mode start-up (TBC)
- 12:15pm – Diversity: It matters!
- Speaker: Laura Haynes, Co-chair, UN Women National Committee UK
- 12:30pm – Networking and Lunch
- 1:30pm – BBC 100 Women presentation
- 2pm – When women meet innovation
- Emma Sceats, CN Bio
- Louise Doherty, Plan Snap
- Lorin Gresser, Dem Dx
- Shakardokht Jafari, TrueInvivo
- Donna Lyndsey, Bluesky World
- Virginia Gardiner, Loowatt
- Sue Dunkerton, Director, Knowledge Transfer Network
- 2:45pm – Diversity: It matters!
- Tera Allas, McKinsey
- Angela Farrugia, CAA Global Brands
- Paris Petgrave, We Love Work
- Emma Pinchbeck, Renewable UK
- Aaquil Ahmed, Diversity Consultant and international documentary maker
- 3:30pm – Networking and refreshments
- 3:45pm – Tomorrow’s innovations: Speed pitching
- 4pm – Keynote speaker
- 4:45pm – Networking and event close
To register your attendance at this FREE event please follow the link provided on the right hand side.