This workshop provides you with an opportunity to look at how to choose your export market and market segments, consider if your products or services need adapting for local markets and to identify potential customers. You may need to look at undertaking market research at this point.
By attending this workshop you will learn valuable skills that can help you decide if you should export to a new market, and how best to deliver your products or services to the identified market(s).
You will also learn about possible financial support available for further market research you may require.
- 09.00: Registration and coffee
- 09.15: Introduction to the course Introductions and objectives for the course
- 09.45: Evaluating & prioritising international markets A systematic method of selecting and prioritising world markets
- 11.00: Break and refreshments
- 11.15: Market research in export planning The role of marketing research in strategic export planning; the process of conducting a research project; the benefits of conducting research and the decisions to be made when approaching a new overseas market
- 12.00: Using the internet effectively How to use the internet to research overseas markets effectively; some key websites are provided as starting points for the research.
- 13.00: Lunch
- 14.00: Field research overseas Using a research trip to gain an in-depth understanding of the market; who to speak to, what to ask them, cultural considerations
- 15.00: Refreshment break
- 15.45: Interpreting the results Bringing together the information collected during the research into a factual, concise, conclusive and actionable report
- 16.15: Support and help available Practical advice and support (including financial assistance) from UKTI and other agencies
- 16.30: Close
To book onto this event, click here.