Time is one of the most important assets at work and everyone has a responsibility to ensure it is well managed. This doesn’t always mean being ‘maxed; out – it’s about getting balance into your life to ensure your priorities are taken care of.
This one day programme will help you develop a strategy for ‘event control’ and give a range of tools and techniques to help you plan and organiser yourself to be effective.
You will learn about:
- your own work style and how this helps and hinders your time management
- how to establish and plan in your own priorities
- how to plan work around your most productive times
- how to deal with interruptions so they cause minimal impact
- avoid procrastination and ‘swallow the frog’!
- setting goals with time lines and milestones
- how to decide if a task is urgent, or important or both
- how to make your outlook or diary work for you
Who should attend?
Time management is a key competency for all people at work and this programme will benefit anyone who has any element of control and influence about when they do things.
- areas I’m good at/not so good at?
- the impact of personal work style
- favourite areas?
- ‘swallow the frog’ – do it now
Planning & Prioritising
- what prompts my choice?
- understanding my work categories
- analysing my time log (pre-work)
- making ‘me-time’
- best practice to follow / pitfalls to avoid
- keeping on track
- managing the flow of work
- daily planning
- schedule the balance
- saying no nicely
- limiting the damage
Work area & communication tools
- desk; and paperwork routines
- voice mail and telephone discipline
- email and web control
- working from home
Personal action plan
- review of your action points to work on
- letters to self of actions to work on
To register your attendance for this event, please follow the link provided on the right hand side.