Is your product or service worth of media attention but you don’t know how to go about getting a journalist interested?
Which is highly frustrating, because your understand that a mention in the press will bring in new customers, investors and partners.
This course will tell you all you need to know to raise the profile of your company by attracting the attention of a news editor.
- How them media operate, what makes a story and how to pitch yours to a news room
- The importance of grabbing the attention of an editor within the first few words of a press release
- The key contents of a successful story, from an opening line with impact, to the essential facts, to quotes that help bring a story to life
- The importance of photographs, and knowing how to take them
- How and when to pitch your release for maximum impact
By the end of the session, you will have a press release that can be sent to news organisations.
Who is it for?
Anyone involved in publicising or selling their product or service, or trying to bring it to a wider audience
- Simulating the running of a newsroom, to appreciate how journalists work
- The critical importance of the top line of story, with examples from the business world
- The power of an alluring headline, or title
- How to structure your release to maintain interest, and make sure all the key facts are included
- The subtle sell – promoting your product without being too obvious and off putting
- Crafting quotes that ensure your story stands out from the crowd
- The art of photography for news and features
- When and how to pitch your story
- The pitfalls of pitching
To register your attendance for this half-day training course, please follow the link provided on the right hand side. Alternatively, to contact the organiser directly, please use the contact information also provided on the right hand side.