Learn about STFC support to help boost productively in agriculture, food and drink companies at the B4I Agri-food Roadshow event.
On Wednesday 14 November the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) will be hosting an event to show how they can help address current challenges in the agri-food sector and stimulate new products in agriculture, food and drink industry.
This event offers agri-food companies, who would like to overcome problems that restrict their potential productivity and competitiveness, an opportunity to discuss their challenges with STFC experts and learn how to access some of the £8m in funding available to this programme.
What does STFC have to offer?
STFC funds and operates a number of large science facilities offering research and development access to commercial users and can provide access to advanced experimental and computational tools to address challenges in all aspects of the food production and packaging supply chain. For example, they have assisted the likes of Unilever to overcome difficult technical challenges and added value to these companies.
Why should you attend the STFC Bridging for Innovators Agri-Food Roadshow?
- Learn about funding opportunities
- Talk to the coordinators of the B4I funding scheme
- Discuss your challenges with world leading scientists
- Identify potential projects with STFC experts
- Understand how to access leading edge research infrastructure
- Partake in the facility tour at Harper Adams University, including the Dairy Crest Innovation Centre, Poultry and crop and environment research centres
- Network with other agri-food companies
Who should attend?
- Problem holders and those looking to overcome issues limiting the productivity of their organisation
- Organisation technical leads
- Organisation decision markers
The programme currently includes:
- Simon Baty, Knowledge Transfer Network, Agri-Food, KTN
- Professor Ric Allott, Director of Business Development, STFC
- Stacie Tibos, Associate Principal Engineer, Pepsico
- Harry Baraza, Relationship Development Director, LGC
- Christopher Nankervis, CTO & Founder, Weather Logistics Ltd
- Andy Cureton, Interim Co-Director, ISCF Transforming Food Production at UK Research and Innovation
- Professor Simon Pearson, Director of the Lincoln Institute for Agri-Food Technology, University of Lincoln
- Dr Sonal Choudhary, Lecturer in Sustainable Management, Sheffield University Management School
- Professor John W. Crawford, Integrated Solutions Lab Flagship Leader, Rothamsted Research
- Professor Sarah Bridle, University of Manger and STFC Food Network+
How can STFC help the Agri-Food industry?
You can learn more about the ways that agriculture, food and drink companies have improved their productivity and solved challenges through collaborating with STFC by reading case studies:
- Understanding the microstructure of ice cream (Unilever)
- Elemental mapping of wheat grain (Rothamsted)
- Neutrons could reveal how pesticides protect crops (Syngenta)
- Using Raman spectroscopy to test the quality of coconut cream (Coconut Collaboration Ltd)
- Getting zinc where it’s needed
- Combating foot and mouth
- Killing microbes, not the taste
To register for this FREE event, please follow the link provided on the right hand side.