The inaugural mayoral election will elect the Mayor of the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority, established by the seven local councils across the county. This mayoral hustings event provides Huntingdonshire Business Network and all interested parties the chance to learn more from the following prospective candidates prior to the vote in May:
Mr Peter Dawe – Independant
Mr. Kevin Price – Labour
Mr. Rod Cantrill – Liberal Democrat
As part of the devolution deal, the responsibilities of the combined authority will include the following:
- A £600 million budget for local economic growth (£20 million over 30 years)
- A £170 million budget for housing, including affordable and council housing, with £70 million specifically for housing in Cambridge
- Transport infrastructure improvement and maintenance
- Provision of skills training and apprenticeships
- Integration of local health and social care resources
- Integration of local employment services, and design of a National Work and Health Programme alongside the Department for Work and Pensions
- The combined authority will be chaired by a directly elected mayor.
- 12.30: Informal networking over tea and coffee – snacks available for purchase or bring along your lunch
- 1 pm: Introduction by Dr. Chris Thomas, who will Chair the event followed by chaired Q&A session
- 2pm Networking
Register your interest in attending via the link on the right hand side or simply turn up on the day.