Managers from time to time need to handle situations where they have to deliver challenging feedback and handle emotional responses.
This course gives delegates the skills to prepare for and manage difficult conversation, whether it’s about performance issues, personal issues, poor conduct and behaviour or absenteeism.
- What is a difficult conversation? What are the situations when a difficult conversation can happen?
- Preparing to hold a difficult conversation – looking at the situation, facts, knowledge and outcomes
- Responses and Behaviours – analysing our own responses and those of the receiver of the message – using Transactional Analysis to work out our approach
- How to handle strong emotional responses from the receiver of the message, as well as staying in control of our own emotions
- Using a framework for giving a particular message
- Using descriptive statements and options when giving feedback, and working on the positive to influence cooperation
- Communication skills – using questioning and active listening skills, recognising non-verbal communication
- Using scenarios to work through delivering difficult messages, likely responses and how to handle these.
This course can be completed at Green Ducks’s head office in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk or they will happily arrange for training to be delivered on site.
Please click here to book your space onto this event.