It is said that ‘variety is the spice of life’ but sometimes the range and diversity of people we come across can be really challenging.
Ran by the Cambridge Network, this workshop will teach delegates the skills to successfully deal with difficult behaviour in the workplace.
You will learn about:
- The key personality traits and preferences – different or wrong?
- Behavioural flexibility – what it is and how to do it
- Hold up the mirror – self awareness first – is it me?
- Approaches you can take to help
- Behaviours which don’t help
- Strategies to take for typical examples
- The role of feedback, coaching and support
- Peer coaching discussions around particular concerns
Who should attend
Managers and team leaders at all levels who wish to extend their approach and understanding when dealing with the challenges of difficult people, so the outcomes can be more effective.
- Typical difficult people examples we face
- Key personality traits and preferences
- My style and preferences?
- Going for a Win/ win – approaches we can take / avoid
- Role of feedback, coaching and support
- Strategies for typical examples
- Particular concerns shared
- Personal Actions