To bring together end users, composites industry and the chemical industry to jointly look at the needs and challenges in composite materials.
Composite materials are widely used across a multitude of industries, often providing essential performance enhancing properties such as strength, durability, reduced weight and lower on-going maintenance cost.
The Composites Leadership Forum and the Chemistry Growth Partnership have both identified the development of Composite Materials to be a priority and an opportunity. Indeed, the CLF Strategy states that increased collaboration with the chemicals sector is one of its Science and Technology Recommendations to unlock the growth in the sector.
The benefits of attending are:
- finding out about funding opportunities for your organisation
- if you are from the composites sector, meeting materials suppliers known to you but also new entrants from the chemicals sector with whom you can collaborate to innovate
- if you are from the chemicals sector, meeting potential end users for your products from the composites sector with whom you can collaborate to innovate
- 9:30am – 10am Registration
- 10am – 10:15am Welcome and Introduction/Scope of the Workshop – inc. desired outcomes – Ajay Kapadia, Knowledge Transfer Network
- 10:15am – 10:30am End User Presentation – scene setting – what do we need from the chemical industries?
- 10:30am – 10:45am Chemical Industries presentation – what do we have to offer? – what do we need from end users to pull that through? – John Conti-Ramsden, KCMC/CPI
- 10:45am – 11am Funding presentation Lien Ngo, Innovate UK
- 11am – 11:45am End Use pitches – needs and wants – Ian Stock, KTN
- 11:45am – 12:15pm Break
- 12:15pm – 1:15pm Chemical Industry pitches – the offering – Ian Stock, KTN
- 1:15pm – 2pm Lunch
- 2pm – 3:50pm ‘Speed dating’ session where confidential 1-2-1 discussions are conducted with End User (including 15:00 Working Break)
- 3:50pm – 4pm Closing Remarks
To register your attendance at this event please follow the link provided on the right hand side.