The first line manager role is unique in organisations as this person is the one level who manages non-managers. This brings its own set of hurdles to overcome, and for people new to managing others there is a lot to learn.
This course is aimed at those looking to transition to management; those with about 6 months experience as a manager; or those you are looking to promote in the next few months.
- How their job changes the friendship and management relationship
- The key challenges ahead so they can avoid early mistakes
- How not to do it all themselves and delegate things to help
- Managing workloads and deadlines, especially customer demands
- Dealing with the early stages of people problems and conflict
- Developing their team through coaching and team work
- Running team briefings
- Giving 1-2-1 reviews and coaching feedback
- Managing the day-to-day priorities of their team whilst managing their own day job>
- Developing a ‘tool-kit’ of techniques and skills which they can use to cope with issues they will face as they grow into their new job
If this event sounds like something you would be interested in, please click here .