This annual meeting of minds brings together established and early careers researchers for an afternoon of talks and poster presentations, and provides an opportunity for informal networking. The theme of this year’s Symposium is the link between research in language sciences and tech innovation.
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm – Registration and coffee; poster exhibition
- 1:30pm – 2:30pm – Keynote lecture: The use of Deep Learning in Spoken Dialogue Systems
- 2:30pm – 3:00pm – Individualised Language in the Big Data Era
- 3:00pm – 3:30pm – Poster Slam
- 3:30pm – 4:15pm – Poster exhibition; refreshments
- 4:15pm – 4:45pm – Using Social Media to Investigate Linguistic Variation and Change
- 4:45pm – 5:15pm – Linguistic Yardsticks: Evaluating language technology using insights from linguistic theory
- 5:15pm – 6:15pm – Keynote lecture: Powered by Cambridge: Device, data and interDisciplinarity
- 6:15pm – 7:45pm – Reception
To register for this FREE event please follow the link provided on the right hand side.