One Nucleus is delighted to invite you the 13th Annual Congress of the International Society for Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics (ISNN) on 12th – 13th July 2019. It is the purpose of the ISNN Congress to increase the understanding of the role of generic variation and individual dietary response, and the role of nutrients in gene expression.
Main themes of the lecture will be nutrigenetics of food intake and genetic variants that control the interaction of the gut microbiome with bioactive food compounds.
This session will focus on genomic differences affecting energy balance, genotype-specific nutrition intervention and the human genetics controlling the gut microbiome.
There will be an abstract competition for best contributions focused on these main themes. An intensive half-day workshop for health care providers interested in using genetic information in their practice will be held on the 13th July. The NNEdPro Global Centre in Cambridge will also host the Congress and it will convened in conjunction with the University of Parma and its School of Advanced Studies in Food Sciences and Nutrition, an NNEdPro key strategic partner.
Agenda: 12th July
- 8:30am Opening of the 2019 Congress of the Internation Society of Nutrigenetics/Nutrigenomics
- 8:40am – 10:30am Morning Session
- Weaving together omics and food intake patterns – Martin Kohlmeier
- Keynote Lecture: Can genetic information improve obesity prevention? – Sadaf Farooqi
- Nutrigenomics of human energy balance – Competition Winners
- 10:30am Morning Break with poster presentation
- 11am – 1pm Afternoon Session
- Biological basis of human variability: genetic influences on weight loss – John Mathers
- Genetics of obesity and eating behaviour – Louis Perusse
- Novel genotype-driven weight loss strategies – Lu Qi
- Pharmaconutrigenetics of weight gain – Olivia Dong
- Reports of ISNN activities – ISNN Leadership
- Presentation of the ISNN textbook Foundations of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics – Raffaele De Caterina
- The nutrigenomics education session at the NNEdPro Summit – Sumantra Ray
- 1pm Lunch Break with poster presentation
- 2pm Afternoon Session
- Keynote Lecture: The interaction of dietary polyphenols with the human gut microbiota: interindividual variability and effects on human health – Daniele Del Rio
- Human genetics of the gut microbiome – Competition Winners
- 3:30pm Tea Break with poster presentation
- Nutrigenetics of the gut microbiome, a cautionary tale – Hannelore Daniel
- Nutrigenetics of the gut microbiome, intestinal processing of bioactives – Katie Meyer
- Anchoring of the gut microbiome by the host genome – Victor Schmidt
- Genotype-specific dietary effects on the gut microbiome – Alfredo Martinez
- 5:30pm Reception & Award Ceremony
Agenda: 13th July
- 8am ISNN Congress registration (at University of Cambridge School of Clinical Medicine)
- 8:30am Nutrigenetic Guidelines Working Groups (Choline, Vitamin D)
- 11:30am – 4pm ISNN NGx in Practice Training Course
To register your attendance for this event, please follow the link provided on the right hand side.